2 Day Whitewater Raft Trip Details
Difficulty: This 2 day whitewater raft trip is moderate, family friendly.
Dates: This trip departs every Wednesday and Saturday between the dates of 06/06/2018 and 08/15/2018.
Full Moon Launches: the Wednesday, June 27 launch is the day before the full moon! Saturday, July 28 departure is the day after the full moon.
New Moon Launches: Wednesday, June 13; Wednesday, July 11; Saturday, August 11. A moonless sky can mean the chance to see more stars than you’ve ever dreamed possible.
Trip Duration: 2 Days
Price Adult: $415.00
Price Child: $330.00
Other Price: Does not include 7% River User Fee or gratuity
2 Day Whitewater Raft Trip Description:
Ready for adventure? Dreamed of seeing Glacier National Park’s star studded skies without having to carry a heavy pack into the backcountry? This is the trip for you! Our 2 day whitewater raft trip will give you an experience on the Middle Fork of the Flathead River that you’ll never forget. The Middle Fork is designated as a Wild and Scenic River. It also forms Glacier National Park’s southwestern border. As a result, this 2 day whitewater raft trip offers unique and amazing views into Glacier’s interior. In addition to thrilling whitewater rapids, you’ll also pass through peaceful, stunning scenic sections of calm, turquoise water.
On the first afternoon on the river, your guide will pick a beautiful spot on the river to set up camp. That night, sleep soundly in tents on our comfy sleeping pads and cozy sleeping bags. In the morning, sip steaming coffee or tea as the sun comes up. At mealtimes, enjoy largely organic, locally sourced meals prepared by your guides, who pride themselves on being backcountry gourmet chefs. We can take into consideration any dietary restriction or request that you may have – just ask!
On the second day on the river, we’ll prepare for the thrilling whitewater section of the John F. Stevens Canyon. Don’t worry, we will take pictures! After the most exciting experience in Glacier National Park, we’ll take off the river at West Glacier in the late afternoon. You’ll be back to our office in West Glacier around 5:00 PM where we’ll all be waiting to hear of your adventures!
- The speed of the current — and therefore the length of the trip — changes with varying water levels, so the put-in may differ from trip to trip.
- The minimum age also varies depending on the river level. In June the minimum age is generally 8. From mid July onward the minimum age is generally 6.
- Most, but not all, of the whitewater occurs on the last day in the John Stevens Canyon.
- The rapids are rated class II and class III, making this trip a fun and splashy adventure.
- Be sure to wear clothes you don’t mind getting wet. See our Packing List for Overnight Trips for more information about what to bring.
- Early season — June and early July — you’ll appreciate our wet suits and splash gear, which are provided at no additional cost.
Guests should call our office the day prior to departure at 406-387-5555 or 1-800-521-7238 to check-in. The day of the trip, you should arrive at our office by 9:00 AM to meet your guide. You’ll go over your gear at that time, pack it in our waterproof dry bags, get fitted for life jackets, and then head for the river! We are located 1.5 miles west of West Glacier on Highway 2. Look for our Glacier Guides and Montana Raft sign on the north side of the highway, between mile marker 151 and 152. Our property is just off the highway, tucked in the trees. When you see our sign turn to the north and you will see us shortly thereafter.