What To Do In Glacier National Park
If you’re looking for things to do in Glacier National Park, we’ve got you covered! We could never list all of the options at your fingertips, but the following is a small list of activities in and around Glacier National Park for you to enjoy. Just ask the locals – running out of fun around here isn’t a thing.
Water Activities In & Near Glacier National Park
- Glacier Guides and Montana Raft: Whitewater rafting, scenic floats, multi-day river trips, and fishing tours. Rental gear for rafting, too, along with inflatable kayaks and SUPs too.
- Far West Tours: Scenic cruises on Flathead Lake. Lakeside, Montana.
- Sea Me Paddle: Kayaking tours on Flathead Lake. Lakeside, Montana.
- Glacier Park Boat Company: Scenic, interpretive cruises in historic wooden boats. Several locations in Glacier National Park.
- Paddlefish Sports: Paddleboard and bicycle rentals on Whitefish Lake. Whitefish, MT.
Glacier Park Kids’ Activities / Family Fun
- Guided Glacier National Park Hiking: Regularly scheduled Nature Walks, day hikes, backpacking, and multi day tours during Glacier’s summer months, and private options, too.
- Guided Biking in Glacier Park: spring only, before the Going to the Sun Road is open to vehicles.
- Bike Rentals: Rent a bike and explore the Gateway to Glacier Bike Trail – or ride into Glacier National Park.
- Whitefish Mountain Resort: Scenic lift rides, zip-lining, Walk in the Treetops, alpine slide, downhill biking, and more! Whitefish, Montana.
- Swan Mountain Outfitters: Horseback rides in and around Glacier National Park.
- Base Camp: Dogsledding, kayak and bicycle tours. Bigfork, Montana.
- The Amazing Fun Center: Bumper boats, maze, mini golf, and more. Coram, Montana.
- Big Sky Waterslide: First water park in Montana! And our personal favorite. Also bumper cars, mini golf, and more. Columbia Falls, Montana.
- Beyond the Boundaries: Mountain Bike guiding, rentals, lessons and camps. Out of the Whitefish Bike Retreat in Whitefish, Montana.
- Stumptown Art Studio: Paint your own pottery, mosaics, glass art, and classes. Whitefish, Montana.
- The Wave: Racquetball, kid’s activity pool, lap pool, basketball court, classes, workout facilities. Whitefish, Montana.
- Moped Rentals: Yes, you can ride them on the Going-to-the-Sun Road! The Discovery Center, West Glacier, Montana.
- Bar W Guest Ranch: A year-round dude ranch ready to treat you with true Montana hospitality from the moment you arrive until long after the sun sets. Three thousand beautiful acres are available for horseback riding and outdoor activities.
Glacier National Park Area Golf Courses
- Glacier View Golf Course: West Glacier, Montana
- Buffalo Hill: Kalispell, Montana
- Eagle Bend & Northern Pines: Bigfork, Montana
- Meadow Lake Golf Course: Columbia Falls, Montana
- Village Greens: Kalispell, Montana
- Whitefish Lake Golf Course: Whitefish, Montana
- Crown of the Continent Discovery Center: West Glacier, Montana. Serving Sweet Peaks ice cream!
- Sweet Peaks: Um, yum. Whitefish, Kalispell, Bigfork. Carefully crafted ice cream and sorbet, using Montana dairy and a selection of quality ingredients from the mountains.
Microbreweries and Distilleries
- Glacier Distilling – Coram, Montana – Just down the bike path from us! Rent a bike from us and head west to enjoy an afternoon on Glacier Distilling’s patio. With more than 20 small batch spirits on their shelves, Glacier Distilling Company provides a unique experience into the world of distilling. Visitors can customize tasting flights to sample the award winning spirits straight, or sip delicious craft cocktails on the outdoor patio. Don’t forget to take home a bottle of your favorite Montana whiskey while you’re there! Tastings, cocktails , and bottle sales.
- Backslope Brewing – Columbia Falls, Montana – In addition to sipping delicious microbrews on the fabulous porch, you can enjoy some of the best food around here! Backslope’s inspired kitchen is committed to using organic, locally sourced food whenever possible, and their constantly evolving menu makes it hard to pick a favorite. From hearty burgers to kale-beet-quinoa bowls to kid friendly, delicious macaroni and cheese, there’s something at Backslope for everyone. Also, don’t miss their ginger lemonade!
- Skydive Whitefish – Whitefish, Montana – Experience free fall from 10,000 feet set amid stunning views of the Flathead Valley and Glacier National Park. One amazing way to see Glacier from a distance!