Sperry Chalet Itinerary
Meet at 6:30 AM at our office in West Glacier. We ride horses to Sperry Chalet*, allowing us to take in the gorgeous morning views. In the afternoon, enjoy the option to day hike to Lincoln Pass. From there, we’ll soak up staggering views of Mt. Jackson, one of the largest peaks in Glacier National Park. The mileage to Lincoln Pass and back is 2 miles. Afterwards, enjoy the full service dining room. Finally, we’ll spend our first night at the Chalet.
*Riding horses up to Sperry, as its first guests did, is an amazing Montana experience. However, for our guests who prefer to hike, that’s always an option, and one of our guides will be with you! Be advised that it is a steep, strenuous hike up to the Chalet. Approximately 6.7 miles and 3,360 feet in elevation gain.
After breakfast at the Chalet, day hike up to Comeau Pass and Sperry Glacier. View the glaciated, scoured affects of Sperry Glacier – you will have the opportunity to touch the glacier itself! The trail to Comeau Pass rises 1,600 feet over 3 miles. It’s a challenging hike, but well worth the effort. Return to a delicious dinner and our final night at Sperry Chalet.
Today, hike 6.7 miles back down to Lake McDonald through a diverse cedar forest. Return around 3 p.m. to West Glacier – just in time for the optional half day whitewater rafting trip! Enjoy class II and III rapids on the wild and scenic Middle Fork of the Flathead River. Please call our office at 406-387-5555 or email email@example.com to add the raft trip to your reservation.
Facilities at Sperry Chalet:
- This is an off-grid backcountry hut. No electricity, no showers.
- The restroom facility is located outside. It features flush toilets and sinks for washing up. No baths or hot water are available.
- Drinking water is available.
- Sperry Chalet has a full service dining room with sit-down dining and wait staff.
- The sleeping accommodations are about 200 feet from the main chalet. The rooms are hostel-style furnished with single beds and accommodate 2 to 4 people.
- For Glacier Guides and Montana Raft chalet guests, your family unit is the unit you are traveling to Montana with – you will not share rooms with anyone else on a Glacier Guides tour of the chalets.
- Linens are provided.
- Flashlights or small battery lamps are recommended for night use in your room.
Meeting Notes: Guests should call our office the day prior to departure at 406-387-5555 to check-in. The day of the trip, you should arrive at our office at 6:30 AM to meet your guide. Click on directions for how to find us.
Want to see Granite Park and Sperry Chalets? Check out our Ultimate 6 Day Chalet Tour!