Ride & Raft Adventure
Let's Raft & Ride!
Welcome to Montana! Let’s raft rivers and ride horses – you can do both on the same day, or split up these activities over the course of your vacation.
For horseback riding in and around Glacier National Park we recommend our fellow Glacier National Park concession partner, Swan Mountain Outfitters. Their West Glacier corral is right across the street from us, at the Crown of the Continent Discovery Center. You can also choose to ride at the Apgar, Lake McDonald, or Many Glacier corrals. Learn more about the different rides out of these areas below and on Swan Mountain’s website.
Call For Pricing & Additional Information: (406) 387-5555
How to Ride & Raft
- Book your horseback ride with Swan Mountain Outfitters. Their phone number is 406-387-4405. Swan Mountain offers trail rides ranging from an hour to an entire day. We recommend the 10am ride at the Apgar Corral.
- Book your rafting trip with us! We raft on the Wild and Scenic River that forms Glacier National Park’s border. Choose between whitewater and scenic experiences.
Keep in mind that the rafting trips meet a half hour earlier, at 2:45pm and and 2:30pm respectively.
Read about all of our half day, full day, and multi-day whitewater and scenic float options here.
Pick up lunch ahead of time, in Whitefish/Columbia Falls/Kalispell or visit one of several tasty spots here in West Glacier. You can check out all of our dining recs in our Insiders Guide to Glacier National Park. We also have snacks (chips, snack bars, nuts) and cold drinks for sale in our office.
Ride and Raft Key Points
- No experience necessary for rafting or riding.
- Weight requirements for horseback riding are here, but generally riders must weigh 225 pounds or less.
- Minimum age for horseback riding is 7 years.
- For rafting, no maximum weight, but must be able to buckle a 58″ chest life jacket.
- Minimum age for rafting varies with river flows, but Scenic Floats are typically available for rafters age 3 and up, and Whitewater Adventures are typically available for rafters age 5 and up.
- Horseback riding duration: approximately 2 hours.
- Rafting duration: about 3 hours, although the length of the rafting trip depends on the river flow. In June through early July, trips last about 2.5 hours. Mid-July through early August, about 3 hours. Mid-August through the end of season, approximately 3.5 hours.
- Restrooms, Gear + Gift shop, WiFi, and volleyball are all available on our campus for your pre and post rafting entertainment!
- Trips depart rain or shine.