1 Day Glacier National Park Horse Ride and Raft Adventure Details
Dates: Daily between 06/01/2019 and 09/02/2019, depending on availability.
Trip Duration: About 7 to 7.5 hours
Adult Price: $144.00, with delicious to-go lunch included
Child Price: $134.00, with delicious to-go lunch included
Not Included: 7% River User Fee, Glacier National Park Entrance Fee, transportation to and from horse corral, guide gratuities.
Let’s Raft and Ride in Glacier National Park!
In the morning you’ll ride horses with Swan Mountain Outfitters, the only horse outfitter that is authorized to offer trail rides inside Glacier National Park. In the afternoon, you’ll enjoy an approximately three hour long whitewater rafting adventure on the Middle Fork of the Flathead River.
This Wild and Scenic River forms the southwestern boundary of Glacier National Park. You’ll float through John Stevens Canyon, where the rapids are rated class II and III, making it a fun and splashy adventure. Following the simple commands of the guide, you will actually become part of the crew that maneuvers your craft!
Ride and Raft Logistics
- Check in time is at the Apgar Horse Corral at 10:15 AM.
- The ride is easy and lasts for about 2 hours. The trail meanders through a beautiful forest with views of lower McDonald Creek. Wildlife such as deer, moose, and bear are often seen on this trail.
- The ride finishes at 1:00 PM, which gives you time to return to Glacier Guides and Montana Raft, only minutes away from the Corral.
- A delicious to-go lunch is provided at our office when you check for rafting. Please be at our office by 1:15 to allow enough time for lunch and checking in. The 1/2 day raft trip meets at 1:45pm to depart at 2:15.
- Restrooms, showers, WiFi, and volleyball are all available on campus for your pre and post rafting entertainment!
- Be sure to wear clothes you don’t mind getting wet. We provide wetsuits and booties at no additional cost.
- The minimum age for whitewater rafting depends on the river flow — call our office for details! 406-387-5555.
- Maximum weight for horseback ride: 250 pounds.
Please check in at the Apgar Horse Corral at 10:00 AM. The Apgar Horse Corral is close to the west entrance of Glacier National Park. After going through the west entrance gate of Glacier, take the next left by the sign for the Glacier Institute. Follow the road until you get to the T intersection and take a right. The horse corral will be ahead, to the right.
The 1/2 Day Raft Trip with Glacier Guides and Montana Raft departs at 2:15 PM. Please check into our office by 1:15 PM. We are located 1.5 miles west of West Glacier on Highway 2. Look for our sign on the north side of the highway between mile marker 151 and 152. Our property is just off the highway tucked in the trees.