We Strive to Leave Only Footsteps at Our West Glacier Hotel
- Pine Writing Tables + Nightstands: locally handcrafted for the Lodge by Amy Nadeau in Whitefish, Montana.
- Dressers: handcrafted by Mark Holmes, Rustic Furniture Ranch, Bitterroot Valley, Montana.
- Mattresses: built in Bozeman, Montana at the Mattress Mill.
- Headboards: made in the USA – we think in Wisconsin.
- Sheets + Towels: if your towel is hanging up, we assume you are comfortable using it again. We will change your sheets every third day unless you request otherwise. Linens all sewn in the USA.
- Laundry: we have an energy and water efficient in-house laundry. No transportation footprint – some sheets in West Glacier travel 70 miles each time they are laundered!
- Concrete Vanities: Rob of Town Ocean Concrete created each vanity in an old school house in Olney, Montana. Each vanity was polished to expose local rock on the edging. Each also contains it’s own unique artistic feature, such as an imprint of a dragonfly, colored glass, etc.
- Toilets + Shower Heads: low flow for water reduction.
- Soap + Shampoo: we made a conscientious decision not to use individually wrapped and packaged soaps and shampoos. Instead, we use dispensers and refill them with high quality shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and hand soap. It is estimated that half a million of those little shampoo bottles end up in landfills every day.
- Dishes + Cutlery: we use washable and reusable plates, cups, mugs, and flatware for our breakfast service. No plastics or styrofoam.
- Coffee: we serve Montana Coffee Traders shade grown, fair trade coffee, roasted in Whitefish, Montana.
- Recycling: is limited in Montana, but we recycle everything that we are able to.
- Dining Tables: specially crafted for the Lodge from recycled steel by Flower Bartholomew and Hannah Plumb of Elements of Design, Whitefish, Montana.
- Chairs: the wooden chairs throughout the Lodge, along with the buffets in the dining area, were real from local estate sales.
- Wagon Wheel Chandelier: once hung in Wayne Newton’s barn. Danke Schoen, Wayne!
- Lighting: we use florescent and LED lighting.
- Insulation: we used high R value insulation to reduce heating and cooling loss.
- Carpet: low VOC levels. Volatile Organic Compounds are those nasty things you don’t want to breathe, but help things dry faster.
- Paints + Stains: also low VOC.
- Doors: handcrafted from local timber, 15 miles from here, at RBM Lumber.
- Timber + Windows: largely sourced from the Pacific Northwest.
- Computer Desk in Lounge: also handcrafted by Mark.
- Landscaping: mostly consists of native plants that don’t require daily watering.
Directions to Our West Glacier Hotel
Glacier Guides Lodge is located in West Glacier, just across the street from the intersection of U.S. Highway 2 and the Going-to-the-Sun Road. Turn onto Highline Boulevard and continue up 400 feet up the hill. Highline Boulevard is across the street from the Amtrak Depot, just off Hwy 2 East, east of Glacier National Park’s entrance. There is a Glacier Guides Lodge sign marking Highline Boulevard, too.
The address is 120 Highline Boulevard, West Glacier, Montana 59936.
Click here for Google Maps directions to the Lodge.
West Glacier Hotel Amenities
- Two queen beds & full bath in each room.
- Continental breakfast included – largely locally and organically sourced. Changes daily but typically includes fresh fruit, baked goods, granola, cereals, and various proteins, such as hard boiled eggs or quiche.
- No pets allowed.
- Daily maid service.
- Free Wi-Fi and DishTV.
- Small refrigerator in each room.
- Air Conditioning.
- Hair dryer in each room.
- Microwave available to use in the Dining Room. Complimentary coffee and tea available in the Dining Room.
Would you like a trail lunch for your adventures in Glacier? We are happy to provide them with advanced notice. $15 each. Call 406-387-5555.
2020 Glacier Guides Lodge Rates
*No more than 2 guests per room. Party of 3 or more requires 2 or more rooms. Applies to families with children. If you’re looking for family accommodations, please check out our charming Guest House!*
Spring and Early Summer Season:
May 1st – June 14th: $171.00 per room ($182.97 including Montana’s lodging tax)
June 15th – September 22nd: $235.00 per room ($251.45 including Montana’s lodging tax)
September 23rd – October 15th: $171.00 per room ($182.97 including Montana’s lodging tax)
Closed, but entire Lodge can be rented for special events upon request. Advanced reservations only. Not available for individual room reservations. Call for details. 406-387-5555
Wondering what there is to do in the early and late seasons in and around Glacier National Park? Check out this blog post!
More West Glacier Hotel Rate Info
- 7% Montana accommodations tax not included in the rates.
- No more than 2 guests per room. Party of 3 or more requires 2 or more rooms. If you are a party of more than 2, inquire about Glacier Guides Guest House.
- Check In begins at 4 pm and Check Out is at 10 am.
- If you are running late for check-in, please call our office at 406-387-5555 by 5pm. If you are unable to reach us, call 406-888-9009.
Reservations at our Lodge require a 50% deposit at booking. The remaining balance is taken 14 days ahead of the reservation date. If you book your room reservation within 14 days of the reservation date, the total reservation price is due at booking.
Any cancellations made prior to 14 days of the reservation date are charged a $25 per room cancellation fee. No refund is given for cancellations received after 4 PM 14 days prior to the reservation date.
Even in cases of last minute trip cancellations on your part due to personal injury or an emergency, we must adhere to our cancellation policy. We recommend you purchase a travel insurance plan that will cover such instances. Contact Travel Guard, AAA, your personal insurance carrier or credit card company.