Prepare for a Glacier bike tour just as you would for a hike. On a nice day, shorts will work just fine! On a cold day, bring warm, breathable layers. Keep in mind that rain and snow are always possible in the mountains.
- Breathable layers, like long underwear, tights, or yoga pants.
- Rain pants and a rain jacket – the road may be wet from melting snow.
- Warm layer, like a puffy or fleece jacket.
- Gloves, for biking or just simple fleece.
- Baseball cap if it’s hot, stocking cap if it’s cool – or maybe both! The weather is always subject to change in the mountains.
- Sunglasses and straps.
- Spare corrective eyesore, glasses, or contact.
- Sunscreen and lip balm.
- Insect repellant.
- Hiking shoes or tennis shoes are advised.
- Daypack with hydration system or 2 water bottles. You can purchase water bottles in our retail store.
- Camera (optional)
- Compact binoculars (optional)
- Gratuity for guide (15% is the standard for our industry)
Most of these items are available for sale in our West Glacier office if you forget something. Hiking, backpacking, camping, and river gear is available to rent – reservations are recommended.