Ultimate Montana Experience: Full Day Horseback Riding and Whitewater Rafting Trip!
Dates: Our Saddle n Paddle trip, the ultimate Montana experience, happens daily 06/01/2018 and 09/03/2018, depending on availability.
Trip Duration: About 7 to 7.5 hours
Adult Price: $141.00, with delicious to-go lunch included
Child Price: $131.00, with delicious to-go lunch included
Not Included: 7% River User Fee, Glacier National Park Entrance Fee, transportation to and from horse corral, guide gratuities.
Saddle and Paddle Trip Description
Want to experience the best Glacier National Park has to offer? This trip offers the ultimate Montana experience!
In the morning you’ll ride horses with Swan Mountain Outfitters, the only horse outfitter that is authorized to offer trail rides inside Glacier National Park. In the afternoon, you’ll enjoy an approximately three hour long trip on the Middle Fork of the Flathead River. This Wild and Scenic River forms the southwestern boundary of Glacier National Park. You’ll float through John Stevens Canyon, where the rapids are rated class II and III, making it a fun and splashy adventure. Following the simple commands of the guide, you will actually become part of the crew that maneuvers your craft.
Saddle n Paddle Notes
- Check in times are at the Apgar Horse Corral 10:00 AM.
- The ride is easy and lasts for about 2 hours. The trail meanders through a beautiful forest with views of lower McDonald Creek. Wildlife such as deer, moose, and bear are often seen on this trail.
- The ride finishes at 12:45 which gives you time to return to Glacier Guides and Montana Raft. The 1/2 day raft trip departs at 2:15.
- A delicious bag lunch is provided at our office when you check in prior to rafting.
- Be sure to wear clothes you don’t mind getting wet. We provide wetsuits and booties at no additional cost.
- The minimum age for whitewater rafting depends on the river flow — call our office for details! Generally, in June the minimum age is 8, and from mid July onward the minimum age is 7.
- Maximum weight for horseback ride: 250 pounds.
Saddle n Paddle Logistics
Please check in at the Apgar Horse Corral at 10:00 AM. The Apgar Horse Corral is close to the west entrance of Glacier National Park. After going through the west entrance gate of Glacier, take the next left by the sign for the Glacier Institute. Follow the road until you get to the T intersection and take a right. The horse corral will be ahead towards the right.
The horseback portion of this trip is operated by Swan Mountain Outfitters, the exclusive authorized NPS horse concession. Apgar Horse Corral is inside Glacier National Park. Park entrance fee is not included in the trip.
The 1/2 Day Raft Trip with Glacier Guides and Montana Raft departs at 2:15 PM. Please check into our office 30 minutes prior to the rafting departure time. We are located 1.5 miles west of West Glacier on Highway 2. Look for our sign on the north side of the highway between mile marker 151 and 152. Our property is just off the highway tucked in the trees. Restrooms, showers, WiFi, and volleyball are all available on campus for your pre and post rafting entertainment!